Sr AWS Compliance Architect Job Amazon - Australia/APAC
Amazon Web Services (AWS) continues to expand its global presence in multiple verticals in international public sectors, life sciences and healthcare, and financial services. Do you have an extensive background in security, privacy and compliance with a passion for working with customers to solve complex IT regulatory challenges with the cloud?
AWS offers a cloud platform with a global reach and AWS is looking for a passionate and experienced professional to lead the building and expansion of security risk and compliance programs in Australia and the APAC region in support of our partners and customers. This role will provide thought leadership operating with a high degree of autonomy and visibility in assisting our partners, Australian government agencies, and customers throughout the APAC region to move their workloads and regulated data into the cloud by addressing their specific security, regulatory, and compliance requirements. The ideal candidate should be a technically experienced and innovative security/compliance professional who has the ability to handle a wide range of compliance requirements, is willing to dive in to the details, and can translate those requirements into applications for cloud computing able to communicate at executive levels. This particular Security Assurance Architect will directly interface with our AWS partners and customer agencies in adapting their control framework to successfully move their IT to the AWS cloud.
This key position requires specialized experience supporting Government and financial services assessment and authorization efforts and will have high visibility at the most senior levels of government agencies and financial services, including frequent interaction with agency and industry CISOs, CTOs, their staffs, and AWS senior leadership. The position, as part of the AWS Security Assurance team, will act as the primary Security Assurance interface with AWS customers and will work closely with AWS APAC Sales and Solutions Architect teams, and the AWS business development and capture team. The candidate will already have and continue to foster key relationships, be able to interpret the impacts of policy changes, and track and report on industry trends.
- Participate in Australian and other APAC assessment and authorization relevant discussions with AWS teams and AWS Customers. This includes understanding control requirements, helping customers understand how they can integrate AWS controls into their own control frameworks and recommending and pursuing alternative approaches assisting customers in developing compliance roadmaps.
- Partner directly with AWS customers to review AWS compliance documentation and help them understand the implementation of AWS security requirements and how they can achieve ongoing assurance over their security and compliance needs
- Work with customers to resolve concerns and to understand how compliance is achieved while operating IT in the AWS cloud through deep dive discussions, strategic presentations/recommendations, and hands on demonstrations of compliance in the AWS environment
- Develop industry leading compliance related, customer-facing resources based on projected customer needs and current demand
- Assist the AWS Security Assurance team in determining the strategic direction of the various AWS compliance programs based on customer interaction and demonstrative metrics.
- Be and remain connected with industry trends and events primarily in Australia, but also throughout the APAC region as it relates to Government, health and financial services regulations and requirements.
- Develop and maintain personal relationships with key government and industry personnel and policy makers.
- Assist work of internal and external auditors or advisors as needed.
- Keep the AWS Security Assurance leadership team fully informed of customer engagement status, issues, and activities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related fields
- 2-4 years of experience in a role supporting ASD security and compliance efforts, or similar Government frameworks that can be applied in Australia and the APAC region
- Experience in performing and/or participating in technical assessments in direct support of a Australian compliance efforts, or similar international regimes
- Experience in performing technical assessments and audits of network, operating systems, application security, as well as auditing IT processes and controls; experience in working directly with senior government officials and/or auditors
- Clear understanding of cloud computing services/deployment architecture
- Demonstration of innovative compliance approaches in non-traditional IT environments (cloud)
- Experience and proficiency in public speaking and targeted presentations
- Familiarity with Australian acquisition processes and developing relevant proposals
- Deep understanding of the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD) Information Security Manual (ISM), Australian financial regulations, and other applicable standards and requirements
- Experience defining compliance roadmaps based on customer requirements, compliance documentation, and ensuring that committed assessments are delivered on schedule
- Intermediate or better level of knowledge of certification requirements of an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) under the above-mentioned compliance programs