The following are recommended best practices for using AWS Lambda:
- Write your Lambda function code in a stateless style, and ensure there is no affinity between your code and the underlying compute infrastructure.
- Instantiate AWS clients outside the scope of the handler to take advantage of connection re-use.
- Make sure you have set +rx permissions on your files in the uploaded ZIP to ensure Lambda can execute code on your behalf.
- Lower costs and improve performance by minimizing the use of startup code not directly related to processing the current event.
- Use the built-in CloudWatch monitoring of your Lambda functions to view and optimize request latencies.
- Delete old Lambda functions that you are no longer using.