Thursday, 17 November 2016

What is Fill Factor in SQL Server? SQL Server Interview Question

In SQL Server a page(8KB size) is the basic unit of data storage in SQL server. Data is stored in the leaf-level pages of Index.  The percentage of space to be filled with data in a leaf level page is decided by fill factor. The remaining space left is used for future growth of data in the page.
Fill factor is a number from 1 to 100. Its default value is 0, which is same as 100. So when we say fill factor is 80 means, 80% of space is filled with data and remaining 20% is vacant for future use. So higher the fill factor, more data is stored in the page. Fill factor setting is applied when we create/rebuild index.
To check it right click on your server instance and click property the below window will appear.


Referance: codeproject

Visit Our New Site for HR Interview Questions Answers http://www.interviewboat.com/Company/GetCompany
Sponsored Ads

0 comments:

Post a Comment