What is Amazon AppStream and advantage of using AppStreaming?
Amazon AppStream is an application streaming service that lets you stream your existing resource-intensive applications from the cloud with...
Advantages of Streaming Your Application
Interactively streaming your application from the cloud provides several benefits:
- Remove Device Constraints – You can leverage the compute power of AWS to deliver experiences that wouldn't normally be possible due to the GPU, CPU, memory or physical storage constraints of local devices.
- Support Multiple Platforms – You can write your application once and stream it to multiple device platforms. To support a new device, just write a small client to connect to your streaming application.
- Fast and Easy Updates – Because your streaming application is centrally managed by Amazon AppStream, updating your application is as simple as providing a new version of your streaming application to Amazon AppStream. You can immediately upgrade all of your customers without any action on their part.
- Instant On – Streaming your application with Amazon AppStream lets your customers start using your application or game immediately, without the delays associated with large file downloads and time-consuming installations.
- Improve Security – Unlike traditional boxed software and digital downloads, where your application is available for theft or reverse engineering, Amazon AppStream stores your streaming application binary securely in AWS datacenters.
- Automatic Scaling – You can use Amazon AppStream to specify capacity needs, and then the service automatically scales your streamed application and connects customers’ devices to it.