What you do to performance tune your SQL Server on regular basis in your current organization?
Below are my regular jobs to keep my SQL Server fast. Identifying problematic SQL queries Analyzing a query execution plan Evaluating...
- Identifying problematic SQL queries
- Analyzing a query execution plan
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the current indexes
- Avoiding bookmark lookups
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the current statistics
- Analyzing and resolving fragmentation
- Optimizing execution plan caching
- Analyzing and avoiding stored procedure recompilation
- Minimizing blocking and deadlocks
- Analyzing the effectiveness of cursor use