What is the difference between Wide and Nonwide tables in SQL Server?
SQL SERVER INTERVIEW QUESTIONS : What is the difference between Wide and Non-wide tables in SQL Server? 1) Wide table can contain 30,0...
What is the difference between Wide and Non-wide tables in SQL Server?
- 1) Wide table can contain 30,000 columns, Non-wide table(basic table) can contain only 1024 columns.
- 2) Wide Tables are considered to be denormalized tables, Non-wide tables are considered to be Normalized tables.
- 3) Wide tables are used in OLAP systems, Narrow tables are used in OLTP system.
- 4) Wide table is new feature in SQL Server 2008. To over come the problem of having only 1024 columns in Narrow tables.
- 5) Wide tables don't work with transnational or merge replication, but Non-wide can work.