Tips to get a job that allows you to stay in your own home
Working from home has in recent years become a real possibility for many workers. Many factors have influenced the increase of workers at h...
The space you must create to work at home. - First of all, you should have a space at home reserved for work and even for the job search.
A separate room with a desk would be ideal. If the lack of space does not allow you to have an office in a dedicated room, you should at least assign a sacred space inside a room where nobody bothers you for long periods of time. Access to computer, internet, and telephone are the essential tools for this place.
Search by internet: Luckily, there are already several websites that offer jobs to stay at home. As an initial step, I would recommend you visit the dedicated About.com page (http://jobsearch.about.com/od/workfromhome/) where you can find all the necessary information about the job search from home.
Separate the fraud of the real offers: With the increase in popularity of work from home, a new wave of online fraud has arrived. Winning a lot of money with little effort and without moving from home have become the ideal hook for fraudulent websites offering jobs from home.
Apply common sense to these offers- if it sounds too good to be true, it's probably fraud. Other tips to help you determine the veracity of the offer include:
- Never pay to put your resume online or to receive job offers
- Never give your bank account number to job seekers
- Ask to speak with other employees of the company to obtain their points of view and verify the veracity of the offer
- When using job vacancies such as Monster or Career Guide , use keywords such as freelance, home based, work from home, or work at home to narrow down the list of results.
Strategies to manage your time: the ideal balance. When people hear the words "work from home" almost always associated with freedom, flexibility of schedule and all the time in the world to enjoy family / friends. The reality is that for many people it is more complicated to produce results in an environment where there are no established rules. Everything depends on your personality. Without a doubt, it is advisable to create your own schedule to keep you productive. Separate the professional's family time. In any case, the use of calendars and a place without distractions are essential recommendations for any worker at home. Follow the following tips to maintain an ideal balance:
- When the schedule you have marked for work ends, disconnect from work and attend to your family / friends
- Ignore your emails during non-business hours
- Assign blocks of time to check your email and do not let yourself be interrupted by every email that enters your inbox
- Limit the time spent reading news and social networks
- Work without distractions and without getting up during periods of 45 minutes to an hour.
- Every hour, rest for a period between 10 and 15 minutes to refresh the mind
- Keep a daily plan about what you are going to achieve that day and review it at the end of each day
- Focus on one thing alone. Forget about the idea of multitasking
Works that can be done without leaving your home: Luckily, if your dream is to be able to work from the comfort of your home, there are many jobs that do not require daily visits to the office. Jobs as analysts, graphic designers, accountants, writers, and many others have the flexibility to be able to play them from anywhere. If, on the contrary, your work requires visits from clients or continuous meetings with colleagues, maybe you can only do part of the work at home.
The future, technology, and the little need to leave home: Many are those who predict that the near future most jobs can be played at home. Technological advances in communication and robotics fields even make it possible for doctors to perform surgeries from their own home. Despite what the future holds for us, it is obvious that technology allows us to perform more and more tasks without having to access the tools that only existed in the buildings of companies. For example, with advances in mobile telephony, today you can answer all your emails from your phone, make video conferences, use apps for a multitude of tasks, and even read this article.